This website is run by Public Health Wales on behalf of the Help Me Quit NHS smoking cessation system for Wales. For more information on Public Health Wales please visit: https://phw.nhs.wales/ . We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software keyboard
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS,NVDA and VoiceOver)
- Use the Google Map within the website with a screen reader & keyboard shortcuts, you can find out more with Google Support direct
- We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
We know some parts of this website aren’t fully accessible for example:
- changing colours, contrast levels and fonts, however they have been checked and adapted to meet accessibility standards.
- you can’t skip to the main content when using a screen reader
What to do if you can’t access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format like large print or audio recording for example please email:
The Help Me Quit email accounts are checked on a daily basis and we do try to respond to enquiries within 24 hours however during busy periods it may take between 3-5 working days to respond. Help Me Quit opening hours are as follows:
Monday: 09:00 – 20:00
Tuesday: 09:00 – 18:00
Wednesday: 09:00 – 20:00
Thursday: 09:00 – 18:00
Friday: 09:00 – 17:00
Saturday: 09:00 – 17:00
Sunday and Bank Holiday: Closed
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
If you are D/deaf, hearing impaired or have a speech impediment we can communicate via email:
Many of the Help Me Quit stop smoking services can arrange interpreter services such as British Sign Language (BSL). Resources can be made available in Large Print or Audio format. Please do not hesitate to make contact with us to discuss your accessibility needs and requirements.
Find out how to contact us at:
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Help Me Quit is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018. This website is fully compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
How we tested this website
This website was last tested on [August 2019]. The test was carried out by S3 Advertising on behalf of Help Me Quit as their media agent.
We tested our main website platform available at:
The checkpoints we tested against are taken from the technical standard Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG), published by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). We tested using this standard to ensure that the site was meeting the responsibilities under the Equality Act 2010 and the EU Web Accessibility Directive.
Help Me Quit are committed to improving the accessibility and usability of the website and test with a range of technologies, browsers, operating systems and mobile handset types. We have focused testing with more recent browsers, as these provide greater scope for using newer assistive technologies, to provide the best accessibility support for the user.
We tested the website using the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer 11+
- Apple iOS – Safari on iPhone and iPad
- Android – Chrome browser
During the testing we also improved accessibility of the following:
- Images were amended to include captions and/or ‘alt tags’ for users with screen readers.
- ‘Alt tags’ are usedonly where an image conveys essential information for the meaning of the webpage – for example; a diagram about how to do something.
Text & Contrast Ratios
- All text was amended to be readable and understandable throughout the website; taking into consideration the background ratios.
- All text to background ratios meet or exceed the required luminosity ratio of 3:1 for larger text, and 4.5:1 for smaller text.
- The website has been amended so that it can be navigated solely from the keyboard by tabbing through sections.
- Wherever possible videos within the website have been uploaded with subtitles to ensure that the video can be viewed with and without audio.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
Help Me Quit website has been designed and developed with the accessibility needs of people with disabilities in mind. We’ve also taken on board international guidance and best practice on web accessibility.
We’re committed to ensuring everyone can access and use our website on multiple devices. This includes people with sight loss, and hearing, mobility and cognitive impairments.
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems that aren’t listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements or you have a recommendation please contact the team via email inserting the subject heading ‘Website Accessibility’:
This statement was prepared on [August 2019]. It was last updated on [September 2019].